16 February 2010

Ouch!


The inevitable has happened. After surviving the cold, snowy and icy winter on the cobbly streets of Utrecht for over two months, my bike and I fell down this morning at 7.21 AM on the Griftstraat on the way to work. A bus was taking a turn and I had to bike right in order to avoid said bus, but when I did, I hit a patch of ice hidden underneath a pile of fresh snow and fell. Hard. It didn't hurt as much as I'd imagined it to be all those times when I biked through the snow this winter, and it happened a lot faster than I expected. I quickly scanned the street for any upcoming traffic, but of course there was nothing there, it being 7 AM on a dark Tuesday morning and all. A nice sorority girl in a mini skirt asked me whether I was okay, which I was, but damn, that's a nasty way to start one's morning. The result: a big bruise on my left hip.

2 comments:

AnnaDenise said...

Ooooh noo :-( Meeh! This winter is just taking too darn long anyways. Hope you feel better soon! Dikke kus erop!

Kiran said...

I'll resist the urge to make a joke about never having had a bad morning that started with a sorority girl in a mini skirt and say that I too hope you and your hip will feel better soon!