04 October 2013

Summer of Love

There are times in life when everything is exactly as it should be. It is as if the planets have aligned and everything is working in your favor. That is how I will remember the summer of 2013.

I had a wonderful summer. Amazing things happened during those months. I survived my first year as a teacher. I got a promotion. My cousin got married and a few weeks later his wife gave birth to a baby boy. Spanish relatives and American friends flew in to see me. My best friend eloped. I spent a week in silence at a yoga retreat in the Algarve in southern Portugal.

Perhaps most worth mentioning, however, was my own wedding day. Jochem and I got married in the midst of this summer on a warm and sunny day, in the middle of a historic vegetable garden, surrounded by family, friends and vegetarian food, being showered with joy and happiness.


Vorden, The Netherlands

Afterwards we spent two weeks eating our way around Italy.


Amalfi, Italy

Everything was just right.

It has not been easy getting back into the swing of things after such a great summer, but as the dust is settling down and life is getting back to normal, I have some amazing things to look forward to. I hope that I will make the time to tell you about it.

No comments: