23 October 2008

And then...

...you're stuck at George Bush International Airport in Houston, Texas for almost 20 hours.

10 comments:

Anna Denise said...

OMG NO! WHY????

Nuria Maria Rosa said...

Ugh... Will tell you later. Can't dwell on it now. Have been awake for 48 hours straight and have an exam to make up for. Hope your flight was better. Love you!

Anna Denise said...

Ugh, that's horrible. Did Jochem still make his management meeting?

Big hug from me and Ash. See you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

And, do it sleep well? :-)

Nuria Maria Rosa said...

To Anna: Although Jochem was almost a day late, he "made some calls" and was still allowed to join the survival weekend, given that he writes an extra reflection assignment. The way that man wiggles himself out of everything and gets everything done, is infuriating and admirable at the same time. I, however, am still recovering from the whole thing. How was Ashwin's birthday? I can't wait to see you tomorrow!

To Rutger: No. That thing slept horribly! Especially since it was at a gate and the lights were on and CNN was on full blast the entire time. By the time I finally got some sleep in they woke me up 6.46 AM. Damn Houston...

Anna Denise said...

Men! How do they do this? Good for him, though. :-)

Too bad the meeting got cancelled - was it fun yesterday, though? I'm kind of sad I didn't get to see your aunt, but perhaps we can go visit her soon?

Ashwin's bday was a lot of fun, we had good food w/ some of my family and then watched a fun movie together. I eventually went for a different gift, since the whole Sweden thing turned out to be too expensive (the hostel was fully booked till March! WTF), so I gave him a balloon-ride instead. I think he liked it!

Well, sweety, I miss you lots - give me a call if you feel like venting your frustration with your MA-from-hell.

Oh and I read 'Eat, Pray, Love' and LOVED it! Thanks for the tip!

KUS

Nuria Maria Rosa said...

My family went back to Almelo yesterday and I was home alone all day -- doing homework, eating crappy food, but watching 5 (!!!) episodes of Million Dollar Wedding! :P I'm glad you liked the book -- I loved it too. I also want to go to Italy and eat pasta! :)

Nuria Maria Rosa said...

Oh, and we should TOTALLY visit Mari soon!!! And Ashwin's birthday sounds good, and the gift also, although I think I'd be too scared to really enjoy it! :P

Danielle said...

OMG -- I'm so sorry. :( American airlines are seriously going to shit. Our flight to Maui was canceled and they never even told us!!! Luckily, Tom was checking our flight that morning and realized that it was canceled and after 3 calls to the airlines, he got them to fly us from SB to LA to Honolulu to Maui. Insane. So, I feel your pain. The rest of the honeymoon was great though!

Nuria Maria Rosa said...

To Danielle: I just read your comment - that sucks! I'm glad you made it in the end, though...