I spent the last seven days spending hours upon hours in the library, canceling social engagements and generally losing my mind, in order to relax in California. Although my master is pretty much causing me to go nuts in general, the past week has been particularly hard. Which is why I'm stoked (note the Californian slang -- or is it just American?) to say that I've finished all of my homework, have (almost) packed all of my things into my refrigerator of a suitcase, and am ready to fly to Los Angeles tomorrow. I still think I might die in a horrible plane crash, but I'm trying not to let that spoil the fun. I also packed all of the books and magazines that I can't read normally due to the insufferably boring linguistics texts that I have to read in grad school. The best part, besides being back in Cali of course and seeing familiar faces and places again, is that Anna and I are bridesmaids!!! It's pretty exciting, because the Dutch are way too 'nuchter' to engage in such traditions. I'm very excited and curious to see how it will all go, and I'll make sure to take lots of pictures and write a long story about it when I come back. Rest me nothing to say but: "Bye bye suckas!" :P
14 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Konnichiwa bitches!
I'm so exited! Can't wait!
See you tomorrow morning. 5:15 am. Seriously.
Post a Comment