.jpg)
First of all, congratulations to Mar who receives her Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English Language and Culture today from Utrecht University with a Minor in Language Education. I believe she had a rocky start during her first year but after a delay of only six months she now also has her undergraduate degree with good grades and even an 8 for her thesis. Thatagirl!!! :)
Second of all, you may remember that I orchestrated a little contest on this weblog a while ago, asking you what present I ended up buying my little brother Jordi for Christmas. Mar was the first (and the only) one to guess but she guessed right in going for the beanie, so I owed Mar a little poem. Unfortunately I was in the middle of finals and after those I kind of had forgotten about it, but eventually I remembered. I started scribbling and I believe the preliminary version was very well received, so I haven't altered it very much. Since I can't be at the actual ceremony itself because of work, I decided to delay posting the poem until today, as a little gift to my friend. So here goes:
I know a girl
Who's as unique as the most priceless pearl
When I first met her I didn't see
What good friends we were meant to be
I didn't know her very well
But according to Bic she was swell
Mag and I soon agreed
That this was a great girl indeed
Together we have seen it all
The good, the bad, the crazy and the know-it-all
It feels like the four of us keep each other sane
Perhaps the highpoint was that wonderful week in Spain
Mag is always happy in her mind
But Bic and I are of a different kind
We indulge in each other's cynical art
But our friend is the one with the biggest heart
One time when I was very sick
She brought me a homemade picnic
She also gave me vitamin pills and a thermomether
Too bad it didn't make me better
Besides being a caregiver
You can also have great fun with her
She likes the books, the movies, the good food and the drinks at the bar
Sometimes it's scary how similar we are
When we go out she can party until the curtain folds
Luckily we don't go that often because the three of us are getting old
Although we sometimes pretend to also be a great dancer
There is simply no way of keeping up with her
My girl also has the look
Anyone who is a voluntary brunette is cool in my book
With her great fashion style she often causes a scene
She's the only one of us who fits into skinny jeans
Because she's so sweet I sometimes believe
That she may be a bit naive
But I know that she's actually grown much
And now she's almost as bitter as the rest of us
She's one of my best friends by far
And her name is Mar
2 comments:
Thank you so much sweetie!:') What a lovely surprise to find a few hours before the ceremony.. I love you, and will see you on Friday! X Mar
Awwwwww great poem and hooray for Mar!!!! We will celebrate this Friday!
Post a Comment