Well, I'm off. I'm going downtown to do some shopping and then we're off to Veghel for a birthday party. That whole moving out/world trip thing will just have to wait till Monday.
01 July 2011
Free as a Bird
10 months. 45 weeks. 312 days. That's how long I worked as an Assistant Office Manager at the Studiekring, where I had already been tutoring and giving exam training for 2 years. My colleagues prepared a special lunch (including a cucumber salad for the new vegetarian me) and gave me a vegetarian cookbook and 3 bags of candy as a goodbye gift (apparently, my colleagues confuse me with someone who is a sweet tooth because I have a jar with candy on my desk. The fact that it has been the same candy for 9 months and that it has been filled with raisins instead since June must have escaped them. Nevertheless I welcome the gift, of course). As I was packing my things last night, I felt a tremendous weight of sadness, but today I am unemployed and suddenly have an abundance of free time to spend as I wish. So this morning I took an early Bikram Yoga class and then made the most amazing organic, vegetarian lunch (yes, that's still happening - get used to it, folks!). I toasted some bread in butter, added goat cheese, parsley, radish, Italian lettuce and roasted tomatoes from the oven. Seriously, who needs such a distraction like a dead animal on your plate when your lunch is as beautiful as this (I will try to be less judgemental about this whole vegetarian thing, I promise).

Well, I'm off. I'm going downtown to do some shopping and then we're off to Veghel for a birthday party. That whole moving out/world trip thing will just have to wait till Monday.
Well, I'm off. I'm going downtown to do some shopping and then we're off to Veghel for a birthday party. That whole moving out/world trip thing will just have to wait till Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment