.jpg)
On December 26, 2008 ('Tweede Kerstdag' as we Dutch people call it ;)) my family came to Utrecht to celebrate Christmas with Jochem and me. Jochem and I hosted an extravagant, Italian (of course) six-course dinner and we opened Christmas presents under our Christmas tree. We had drawn names and I bought my little brother Jordi a present. I also wrote him the poem that I included below. Now, totally stealing Anna's idea from her website, I would like you to guess which present I ended up giving him (I just thought of this since the poem doesn't say which present I actually bought him). The one who guesses right first will receive a small poem by me. You know, for when I'm famous when I grow up. :P But don't expect more than ten lines, seriously, as I am on my mini sabbatical.
About My Little Brother
Let me tell you about my little brother
I call him little even though he is tall
Yes I call him my little brother
But he is the tallest of us all
My little brother has brown hair and dark eyes
And likes to dress the part
He is also sweet and considerate
And, despite his accent, very, very smart
There are three things that my little brother loves most
Besides his girlfriend Sil
Cars, hardcore music and video games
Although I have never understood the thrill
World of War Craft is my little brother’s favorite
Oh yes he loves that game
But he dislikes a lot of other things
He thinks that almost everything is lame
But I would not say that my little brother is a negative man
He has a heart of gold
He cares for his family and his friends
Although he is a little spoiled…
By this I mean that my little brother still lives at home
Where his Mom and Dad keep the house clean
Besides a fried egg he does not know how to cook
And he has never used the dryer or the washing machine
My little brother likes to live in Almelo
He thinks the town is grand
There are so many things about my little brother
That I will never understand
But then again my little brother does not understand me either
He thinks I read too many books
He probably thinks that I should finally get a real job
And start focusing on my looks
My little brother’s girlfriend Silvana
Seems to make him very happy
And together with their dog and cat
They form the perfect little family
They hope to buy a house real soon
And I hope that they succeed
I am sure that it will be a warm and loving home
I just wonder what they will eat…
For Christmas my little brother asked for three things
One was perfume by Armani
But I do not understand why he likes the stuff
Because he hates to go to Italy
He also asked for a pair of Bjorn Börg boxers
Whose designs are expensive and rare
But I just did not feel very comfortable
Picking out my little brother’s underwear
He also requested a G-STAR RAW hat
A so-called beanie black and fair
Probably not because he likes the look
But because he hates to brush his hair
I have the right to be a little mean
As my little brother’s big sis
The teasing is almost over
But what I still have left to say is this:
My little brother is also crazy about his Spanish heritage
He likes it very much
But now he does not like his surname Sijbesma
He thinks it is too Dutch
But the most important thing that you should know
About my little brother
Is that I love him very, very much
Let me tell you about my little brother
I call him little even though he is tall
Yes I call him my little brother
But he is the tallest of us all
My little brother has brown hair and dark eyes
And likes to dress the part
He is also sweet and considerate
And, despite his accent, very, very smart
There are three things that my little brother loves most
Besides his girlfriend Sil
Cars, hardcore music and video games
Although I have never understood the thrill
World of War Craft is my little brother’s favorite
Oh yes he loves that game
But he dislikes a lot of other things
He thinks that almost everything is lame
But I would not say that my little brother is a negative man
He has a heart of gold
He cares for his family and his friends
Although he is a little spoiled…
By this I mean that my little brother still lives at home
Where his Mom and Dad keep the house clean
Besides a fried egg he does not know how to cook
And he has never used the dryer or the washing machine
My little brother likes to live in Almelo
He thinks the town is grand
There are so many things about my little brother
That I will never understand
But then again my little brother does not understand me either
He thinks I read too many books
He probably thinks that I should finally get a real job
And start focusing on my looks
My little brother’s girlfriend Silvana
Seems to make him very happy
And together with their dog and cat
They form the perfect little family
They hope to buy a house real soon
And I hope that they succeed
I am sure that it will be a warm and loving home
I just wonder what they will eat…
For Christmas my little brother asked for three things
One was perfume by Armani
But I do not understand why he likes the stuff
Because he hates to go to Italy
He also asked for a pair of Bjorn Börg boxers
Whose designs are expensive and rare
But I just did not feel very comfortable
Picking out my little brother’s underwear
He also requested a G-STAR RAW hat
A so-called beanie black and fair
Probably not because he likes the look
But because he hates to brush his hair
I have the right to be a little mean
As my little brother’s big sis
The teasing is almost over
But what I still have left to say is this:
My little brother is also crazy about his Spanish heritage
He likes it very much
But now he does not like his surname Sijbesma
He thinks it is too Dutch
But the most important thing that you should know
About my little brother
Is that I love him very, very much
1 comment:
I know I'm a little bit late, but I'm guessing it's the Gstar RAW hat!;) Kus Mar
Post a Comment