04 December 2008

On the Characters of Fish

Is it weird that I recognize the different character traits of my two fish? We've had them for about a month now (and they're still alive, phew!) and I think they're so different from one another. Pasta is kind of wild and crazy; he is either swimming around in circles at a fast pace or kind of floating in oblivion. Pesto, on the other hand, is very observing. Every time I come closer and stare into the fish bowl to, yes, see if they are still alive, he comes up and starts gasping for air. It's almost as if he recognizes me and is waiting for his food. Proof: I am the only one who feeds them and Pesto only comes up when I look into the bowl, not when Jochem does. Also, just now I was sitting on top of a stool in the study, right in front of the fish bowl, plucking my left leg, and as I finished it I looked to the right and saw Pesto floating in mid bowl, STARING at me! I'M SERIOUS!!! Now that I'm behind my computer he is at the bottom, playing with the green pebbles. I wonder if he starts staring again when I go back to do my right leg...

No comments: