24 April 2009
Just a Little Thought on Trees
I've been meaning to write a little piece about trees. I hadn't done so thus far because I thought it was kind of weird to write about trees, but Jochem said to go for it. They are just so pretty this year! The spring weather here in the Netherlands has been great so far and very much unlike the previous years. There is a lot of sun, but not a heat wave, and hardly any rain or cloudiness, and even when it is not as sunny, it is not very cold. There's just a lot of wind, but I can safely say that's a sacrifice we're all willing to make. But when I bike to work, after getting through some of the busiest roads in the city without (1) being run over and (2) killing someone for being so stupid, I bike through this lovely little street which has the most beautiful trees with the freshest looking leaves on them. It makes me so happy! :) Just like the big tree in the back yard of our neighbor; I'm pretty sure everyone in the neighborhood hates that thing but I love it. We always have a pretty, Renoir-like shade in our rooms. I just love how it's been winter and the trees have been bare for months and all of a sudden, out of nowhere it seems, the trees are green again. It makes me think that I could never live somewhere where the seasons don't change every year. But then again: what do I know? I just wrote a blog about trees.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nur, I completely agree! There are quite a lot of blooming trees near my flat building and it always makes me happy to see those cute pink blossoms..:) kiss Mar
I agree as well. We've got such a beautiful spring this year!
Post a Comment