On a regular basis I feel quite sorry for myself in a spoiled kind of way. The truth is, despite the general priviliged state of my existence, I often find myself fed up with the situation at hand. These are a few things that make me feel better:
* The sun, especially in combination with any of these factors: the Griftpark; Jochem; my friends; wine; Mag's famous sandwiches; Bic's unfailing cynicism.
* Looking at bridesmaid dresses on The Knot even though I am not getting married.
* Bright nail polish.
* Reading travel literature in 'preparation' of our world trip.
* Cooking Jamie Oliver's Italian recipes.
* Having coffee on Sunday morning while watching Jochem prepare my eggs.
* Watching wedding and food shows on TV.
* Waking up with Manchego curled into my neck.
* Having risotto two days in a row.
* The knowledge that I wil be in Brussels in 1 month and 18 days, and in Spain in 3 months and 3 weeks.
* Family drama.
But I am writing this after a sunny day in the park with my people, so I can't guarantee that this blog is completely true to my general state of self.
10 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YAY! I can't wait for you to come see our pretty house!!!
And family drama makes you happy? Pfffff....
Dikke kus lieverd. Tot snel? KUS
Post a Comment