My little brother Jordi and his girlfriend Silvana have bought a house together in Almelo for themselves, their dog Diego, their cat Maiki and undoubtedly a variety of other pets that they will purchase in the upcoming years. The house stands in a neighborhood called Windmolenbroek and is only a couple of blocks away from my parents' house, who live in the same neighborhood. Of course I escaped from Almelo when I was 18 and never intented to come back, and even though I am starting to warm up to the place a little bit more (mainly because of my family), I still don't envision myself going back there for many years to come. First I want to finish school and then travel and then live abroad. But I know that Jordi and Silvana are different and I am very happy for them to have reached this milestone. As a housewarming gift I asked BFF Anna to make a playful, colorful, though not too crazy painting to mark the occasion. I'm not sure she knew exactly what I meant, but she did a great job anyway. The painting is supposed to represent the couple moving into their new home, as well as their pets and their love for animals in general. After an already crazy weekend (I believe we spent a total of 12 hours traveling last weekend), Jochem and I visited the family in Almelo on Sunday and gave Jordi and Silvana their present. And they loved it! Congratulations you two! :) And also, I feel like everyone is moving into new directions (see some of my previous blogs), while I am still stuck here studying English in Utrecht. I can't wait to be done with this year, start internshipping and then finally start working. I can't wait to be done with grad school. I can't wait to travel the world with Jochem and to live abroad. Those big plans will have to wait for a while, but for now I have a summer vacation in Spain to look forward to. Only four more months until August...
annadenise.nl
All Rights Reserved

No comments:
Post a Comment