02 June 2009
Hair
Ever since my friends subtly (not so much) told me that my hair "wasn't looking so good" one Friday afternoon, I have been a little bit obsessed with my hair. Before I could explain to them that I had just washed my hair and that it is always fuzzy after just having washed it, they had put a hair mask in my hands with a bunch of instructions on how to make my hair look better. What they don't understand is that they've hit a somewhat sensitive spot. My hair is probably what I like most about myself (at least when it's been washed), and now I'm told that it doesn't look good. "You've got split ends", they tell me. Well, considering the fact that I am saving up for a 9-month world trip and my hair grows like it's eager to get somewhere, I am not about to spend €30 a month on a hair dresser. I go to the hair dresser once a year; right after the summer break when it's been exposed to numerous sun hours and Mediterranean sea water. But apparently this can all be solved with a hair mask. I tried the hair mask which is (1) very expensive, (2) smells funny and (3) takes a lot of work, but okay, my hair did look better than usual (even though it was still fuzzy when drying). What my friends also don't understand is that I hate spending time on my hair because it takes so looooong. When I take the kind of shower where I wash my hair, it takes me about an hour to get ready from start to finish. When I really make an effort and put on some jewelry and make-up, it takes me another 15 minutes. Seeing as that I am, like, superslow in getting ready, have always been, and will probably always be (except when I have 15 minutes to get to class), I am not exactly looking for more activities to add to my already well-established getting ready routine. Their next solution was to leave in my conditioner longer than usual when taking a shower. When I explained to them that I don't even use hair conditioner, I believe they almost had a heart attack. Today I took the shampoo and conditioner sample from a magazine and tried them in the shower. Result: it took me an hour and a half to get ready and my hair is fuzzier than ever. So you can see where this is going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment