29 June 2009
Honk if you hate James Joyce!
I did it! After sending several e-mails to my professors, I found out today that I received an 8 for Mapping Joyce! YAY!!! :) I am beyond happy because I had to pass that class. My master thesis has turned out to be much more difficult than I had anticipated, so there is a big chance that I'll have to work on it next year. Fortunately, this is accepted in the educational master, but only as long as you've passed 45 ECTS. So had I failed Mapping Joyce, and hadn't finished my master thesis either, I wouldn't have been allowed to start the second year. That's why I spent days writing 4,500 words about women in Hamlet and Ulysses. But it paid off, so at least now I know my position for next year is safe. Now all that's left is rewriting my master thesis, which I've been doing for the past five days. It's a lot of work, and I'm in that "what-I'm-writing-makes-no-sense-at-all"-phase, but Thursday it'll all be over. Because even if I have to rewrite it again, I am taking a long and much-needed break from sociolinguistics!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment