01 July 2009
More Good News
Almost a month ago I wrote on this same weblog that I was hoping to be done soon. Unfortunately, I am still writing my master thesis, as I have been for the past seven days straight, while the rest of the country is enjoying the summer weather as I am stuck behind my laptop in a very hot apartment. But I found out another piece of good news today. Two weeks ago I was invited for a very mysterious IVLOS meeting and last week I attended another meeting at the Koningin Wilhelmina College (KWC) in Culemborg. It turned out that they needed two English teachers in training for an amazing one-year internship. And I found out today that I got it! What's more, my good friend Nienke got the other spot, so I'll have a friend close by for a whole year. It's great news to hear one day before the second draft of your master thesis is due. Even if this one is not approved either, I will at least be able to finally start the practical year of my master (thanks to James Joyce), and do it at the school of my first choice. Of course, I am still secretly hoping that my second draft will be approved, but if there is anything that I learned from linguistics, it is to expect the unexpected...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment