30 April 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 5

Today I did not cook. My dad came to Utrecht this afternoon to pick up Jochem, Bicho, Manchego and me (naturally, we left Pasta and Pesto at home) for a long weekend with the family in Almelo. Instead of cooking ourselves, Jochem and I enjoyed my mom's cooking. She had prepared a couple of dishes: for starters, we had carpaccio. Then we had my Spanish family's famous spaghetti, which I should really start mastering soon, since my little brother is swiftly surpassing me in this task. The main course was accompanied by a Spanish salad, bread and cheese. For dessert I had tea with a slice of left-over cheesecake, while mom, dad and Jochem had coffee. Even though we did not cook dinner today, we did put together something special for breakfast. We used left-overs to prepare an omelet with garlic, mushrooms, red onion, cheddar and coriander. Bicho liked the look of it too!

No comments: