29 May 2011

Asparagus x 2

When I read a blog about asparagus on Seven Spoons, I immediately thought to myself: I should be eating more asparagus! Although I pride myself in eating seasonally, sometimes I still forget that I should make the most of these beautiful ingredients while they are actually still in season. I made a catastrophic error when I discovered in winter that the next time pumpkin will be back in season, I'll be in bloody South East Asia, probably just trying to survive monsoon season. Determined not to make the same mistake twice, I have already made excellent use of this Spring's rhubarb - last week alone I prepared one spicy pork dish, one bellini and one iced tea, all with fresh rhubarb. This week I was so inspired by Seven Spoons' blog on asparagus that I decided to make its asparagus with hard-boiled egg vinaigrette, which we served with some steak. But, since we also came across some asparagus tips on the market while we were looking for new swimming trunks and flip-flops for Jochem to use during our world trip, I decided to also prepare those with some olive oil, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese, courtsey of Jamie Oliver.



Source: Jamie at Home by Jamie Oliver



Source: Seven Spoons

PS: We also had these amazing blueberry pancakes for lunch!



Source: Happy Days with the Naked Chef by Jamie Oliver

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nur, ik had al een tijdje je blog zelf niet meer bekeken; love the new lay-out!:) kus Mar

Nuria Maria Rosa said...

Thanks! :) Allemaal dankzij Anna!