One of the best things about living where we live, is the fact that we are a mere 5-minute walk away from a lovely park called the Griftpark. This exact spot used to be a contaminated industrial site which has since been cleaned up and restored into this park. I like the park, although ever since I went to Edinburgh and have seen what kind of 'parks' (if you can call it that) they have there, this park seems rather silly and small. To me it feels like an urban park because it seems like a lot of design went into the making of it (which it probably did). This makes the park very organized and leaves lots of room for cute little restaurants and bars near its premises, including a little floating island where you can have drinks. It also houses a small children's farm with lots of barnyard animals and a communal garden for elementary school kids. Jochem and I like to stroll in the park during the fall and winter, while during the warmer days of the year I have shared many a bottle of wine and scraped-together bbq there. Here is a collection of my favorite photos of the Griftpark over the years:
No comments:
Post a Comment