29 May 2011

Jamie Oliver's Stroganoff



Although I love going out to restaurants and trying new things, I get just as excited by the thought of staying in and cooking myself. I often try new things at home as well, but sometimes I prefer to make a dish that I know will be good. I like this idea of comfort food - cooking something simple yet delicious that you know will not disappoint. I think that it suits my personality, since I'm the kind of gal who can watch a favorite movie a billion times without getting sick of it - knowing what's going to happen is a comforting thought and I am somehow capable of recreating the sentiments I experienced when first watching it. I have the same thing for music, books and food.

When it comes to food nostalgia, however, I usually go for the slowly roasted soup and/or homemade tomato sauce variety (whether with pasta or on pizza). This stroganoff recipe has slowly crept into my comfort food repertoire and considering the windy, rainy and downright cold May we've been having, this dish seemed like a logical choice for tonight's meal. It holds some of my favorite ingredients ever (mushrooms, cream and lemon zest) and is rich in flavor yet at the same time fresh and zingy. Although it is more of a fall dish, I enjoyed it very much on this chilly spring evening.

Source: Jamie at Home by Jamie Oliver

No comments: