16 March 2011

"What I Cooked Today" Day 324



This is my ode to the Italian flag.

Jochem had to work late tonight, so when I got home I had myself a nice Kriek (cherry-flavored beer from Belgium, guys). Then I proceeded to make this sandwich for dinner. Toasted ciabatta + homemade pesto + fresh mozzarella + fried chili tomatoes = goooood. Even just for dinner.

Did I mention these fried tomatoes yet? I think I may have discovered something here without the aid of a cookbook. Like, I was cooking one day and just, you know, had an ORIGINAL THOUGHT. Now I can REALLY call myself a food snob! Here's what you do: you heat a pan, add some extra virgin olive oil, add some sea salt and fresh black pepper (yes, these adjectives in front of olive oil, salt and pepper DO matter, don't you know?) and then place thin slices of tomatoes in the pan. Wait for the tomatoes to suck up the oil and then turn them over. Add more sea salt, black pepper and dried chili for some extra punch. Serve HOT!

No comments: