23 August 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 120

Today was a GREAT day (besides having to saying goodbye to my American friend at 6 'o clock in the morning, which was nothing short of tragic since I probably won't see her for another two years). But today was my first day at my new job and I actually enjoyed myself quite a bit. Turns out that my job description is 'assistant office manager' (no, not 'assistant TO the office manager') and I had a great first day. When I came home after nine hours things got even better - my beautiful man was cooking a dish in the kitchen that I'd been longing to have for a while and finally had an excuse to make: a surf & turf (Source: Jamie's America by Jamie Oliver). I don't really know what surf & turf means, but it consisted of lobster, tournedos and homemade potato salad. It was kind of out there, but I figured that finally having a 'real job' (as my brother would say) is worth celebrating, even on your ordinary Monday night. For dessert we made Oreo milkshakes (Source: Jamie Magazine Issue 12 August/September 2010). What a delicious meal!



No comments: