08 September 2010
Food Blogs
I consider myself quite the food snob and even like to modestly think of myself as a sort of kind of food blogger. But ever since a good friend of mine pointed out a couple of 'real' food blogs, I've been feeling amateurish and plain silly to say the least. Check out this lastest entry on Seven Spoons called "Summer, swallowed whole." This piece includes an actual recipe, the picture is stunning, and the writing... Oh! The WRITING! It's brilliant - it's funny, it's endearing, it's smart. I wish I could write like that. But maybe I should stop complaining so much and actually do something about it? It's scary though. Putting your dreams out there brings with it such an overwhelming sense of responsibility to act on them and I'm not sure if I'm willing to do that just yet. There is, after all, a real comfort into being a nobody in this world, knowing that only your close friends read your blog and even fewer really care about it. But enough now. More later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment