For me, life is about simple pleasures. Today I traveled to Diever, a small and insignificant town in the east of the country for but one event each year: its famous Shakespeare Theater summer performances. My friends and I had only been to one of these performances once before (last year when they performed "Much Ado About Nothing"), but we already consider it quite the little tradition of ours. This year we came extra prepared (with warm shoes, winter coats, gloves, blankets, cushions, snacks and hot beverages) to see "The Two Gentlemen of Verona" performed live, which is basically Shakespeare's original version of comtempo pop culture's Dawson's Creek, but with a little less friendliness towards women and a little more homo eroticism. Mag's mom was kind enough to invite us for the second year in a row to her warm and sunny home and made us good old Dutch 'stamppot' for dinner. Thank you for your hospitality!
05 September 2010
"What I Cooked Today" Day 132
For me, life is about simple pleasures. Today I traveled to Diever, a small and insignificant town in the east of the country for but one event each year: its famous Shakespeare Theater summer performances. My friends and I had only been to one of these performances once before (last year when they performed "Much Ado About Nothing"), but we already consider it quite the little tradition of ours. This year we came extra prepared (with warm shoes, winter coats, gloves, blankets, cushions, snacks and hot beverages) to see "The Two Gentlemen of Verona" performed live, which is basically Shakespeare's original version of comtempo pop culture's Dawson's Creek, but with a little less friendliness towards women and a little more homo eroticism. Mag's mom was kind enough to invite us for the second year in a row to her warm and sunny home and made us good old Dutch 'stamppot' for dinner. Thank you for your hospitality!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment