In the afternoon my friends and I met in the park for a bbq. Mag had her mind set on a bbq and once that redhead has put her mind on something, you can't stop her (and why would you?). In the neighborhood where I live, houses are always heavily overpriced because of their location (quiet neighborhood, but close to the city center), and gardens, roof terraces and balconies are a real luxury. So most people just sit out on the street or in the park, which is what we did. I guess that I should've biked today (although I did meet this week's quota of doing yoga 5 times because of the pains in my neck, shoulders and back, I only biked once as opposed to 3), but you know what? Sometimes you just gotta let go and enjoy life as it comes. So what if I decided weeks ago to bike 3 times a week? Does that mean that I MUST bike 3 times every week for as long as I have the thing in my living room? Of course not. So I didn't. And if guilt does overcome me on Monday morning, I can always decide to bike 5 times next week.
10 April 2011
"What I Cooked Today" Day 349
Today was another great day - I have been having a really good weekend (no offense, honey, plus: you were there in the afternoon, after all). I woke up at 9 AM with a massive headache, so I decided to make a quick break to the bathroom and go right back to sleep. This is significant, since I almost never sleep in because as much as I love to sleep, I hate losing half of my day to being unconscious. I woke up at 11 AM, got up, had a cup of coffee, and browsed the internet for a little while. Then I made myself this breakfast. When I studied at UCLA (7 years ago now!), I had this exact breakfast every single morning for the first 3 months. I say 3 months, because that's how long it took me to realize that perhaps this wasn't very good for my health (and I gained the appropriate pounds accordingly). But boy: I liked it! So I made it again today. I toasted a bagel in butter and added cheddar and scrambled eggs. I also had some mango juice and I watched a new tv show that I have discovered about summer romances. Bliss!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment