21 April 2011

"What I Cooked Today" Day 359

Today Bic, Mag and Mar came over for dinner and I didn't cook at all, nor did I plan any part of tonight's meal. It's all part of my plan (yes, my 'plan') to stop planning. I know it sounds like a paradox, but it works! I didn't do anything for a change and my friends came up with the most amazing meal. Bic and I cook very differently - I like to try out lots of new recipes, while Bic prefers to work with a couple of beautiful ingredients and make something out of it. It actually says a lot about our personalities, I think: I like to plan ahead and Bic treats life as it comes. When it comes to food, though, I think we can all cook our way around the kitchen. Today we ate a hamburger that I'm sure was inspired by the Burger Bar:



Plus we had this amazing fresh chickpea salad:



Mag mentioned that she missed fries, but I didn't, actually. The salad was delicious and didn't leave me as full as I'm sure I would've been with fries. We also had mango and apricot ice cream for dessert, but that was premade, so nothing to write home about. Thanks girls for a great meal!

No comments: