Today was my weekly day off. Jochem had to work and had an office party at night, so I spent most of it alone, which was fine. I got up early and walked to the dentist instead of biking in order to get some exercise, but the rest of the day was spent browsing the internet, watching tv and doing some yoga. And I cooked of course. I was tempted to just order in, even though I can't really afford it, because I can be very lazy when I have nothing to do, but I knew that I would not enjoy it at all. So I made a quick trip to the green grocer's where they gave me a beautiful red chili for free (I know - I love them). Then I made this very simple spicy pasta dish with garlic and said chili. It actually reminds me of the first dish that I ever made in this apartment - it was in the summer of 2005 and I used one of my mom's recipes (I never really cooked anything at UCU besides chicken tandoori from a package because of our lovely dining hall). I totally screwed it up, though, because I didn't know that chilis were spicy and that beginners should remove the seeds. I also burned the garlic so it was a total disaster. This was much better then. I also added some fresh parsley because I wanted some green and I remembered it from a Jamie Oliver recipe in Jamie's America. This recipe, however, comes from The Silver Spoon: Pasta. And, as you can see, I also added lots and lots of Parmesan. Just because I felt like it.
14 April 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment