14 November 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 201

My college friends and I are really close, but ever since we started living our Real Lives we don't spend as much time together as we used to. Bic and I still in Utrecht, around the block from each other in fact, but Mag has moved to Amersfoort while Mar has moved to Amstelveen. We now have Real Jobs and Real Boyfriends (or a Real Husband in Mag's case) and Real Grown-Up Houses (including one Mortgage for Mag). At some point we decided that this is BS and we set a date for a good old-fashioned night of eating and drinking. Bic, Jochem and I even spent the night in Amersfoort so we wouldn't have to worry about anything. The division of tasks during this night was clearly set:

Bic brought her huge bottle of aged cava.



Rien and Mar prepared a delicious mushroom soup for starters.



Jochem and I made homestyle potatoes from the oven with pork chops, lots of herbs and spices, lemon zest, lemon juice and bread to finish off the juices in the baking tray.

Source: Nigella Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home by Nigella Lawson



Mag prepared semifreddo with nougat, nuts and chocolate.



And Roland ate and drank it all.

To us!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a truly amazing evening; great food, the most lovely friends in the world, and I had forgotten how much fun playing 'Dag Boer' is!:D

love, Mar