29 November 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 218


Today was like a hard slap in the face! I had to leave the warm comfort of my childhood home to spend 2 hours traveling in the freezing cold, taking care of 2 very high-maintenance cats, before coming home to a very cold apartment. I then spend the entire night sleeping restlessly, waking up in cold sweats, and having nightmares about maneating bears and plane crases (I have GOT to stop watching National Geographic!). I then spend a very long and busy day at work before having to bike back in the snow, because YES, ladies and gentlemen, the first real snow has fallen and doesn't look like it's going anywhere anytime soon. And to top it off I discovered that NO, my hands are not red from the cold, but from that mysterious rash that I get a couple of times each year. Of course I don't get colds and flus like normal people, I get hot, throbbing, itchy rash on every inch of my body that lasts a week. And alas, since I didn't recognize it as said rash this morning, I just let it get worse for 12 hours without any medicine, which should guarantee me at least a week and a half of fun.

But enough with the self-pity. For dinner Jochem made me a lovely pasta dish from the oven with cream, cheese, mushrooms and lots of fresh herbs and spices. Thank you for you!

No comments: