I started my not-so-new-anymore-but-definitely-first-real-grown-up job exactly 3 months ago today, and you might be pleased to read that I still enjoy it very much. There are, in fact, a lot of things that I like about it besides my daily duties. Like the fact that I can wear the same pair of jeans to work every day without judgement. And how everyone, and I do mean absolutely everyone, bonds over peanut butter sandwiches over lunch. Or how about the fact that my boss refers to my boyfriend as 'Mr Nuria'? And the fact that 'customers' is considered a dirty word. Plus, of course, the fact that we are all passionate about offering the best educational services to our students. Yes, there are many things to be enjoyed at my particular office job. An additional one I experienced today at our quarterly office drink. My colleagues and I from the secretarial department were in charge of organizing it, and, lucky for me, they enjoy cooking as much as I do. While one colleague made pumpkin soup and another made a quiche, I made a spinach tart. I was quite nervous about it since it is not 'my' recipe but a friend's, but it turned out just fine since my colleagues finished it all. I was just a little sorry that I didn't have anything to spare for Mr Nuria, who actually helped me a lot yesterday while making it.
23 November 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment