This is the fourth day that I'm sick and the third day that I've spent at home alone and, let me tell you, I am way beyond any level of contentment one might enjoy while being home alone for a couple of days. I am tired of coughing my guts out, waking up every morning thinking that I feel better only to spend the afternoon feverishly sweating in bed, and wearing the same sweats every day. I need a shower. My hair has turned into one big knot. My doctor was quite concerned and made me take a blood test to rule out malaria, where a kind yet surprisingly strong little woman took two viles of blood from my arm and then pricked me in the finger before pressing two more vials of blood from said finger. But luckily the results are in and I do not have malaria. I decided to go to the Chinese centre to get a massage for my sore body, but it was closed (of course). But since I refused to spend another day watching TV (I actually finished all of Dawson's Creek y'all, not kidding), I bought groceries and made a soup from southern Italy with lentils and pasta. I also prepared crostinis to go with the soup. I made them for my ex-colleagues who are coming by tonight to watch Wie is de Mol?. Although I'm still kind of sick, I decided to have them over anyway, because I could really use some company.
Source: Jamie Magazine Issue 15 January 2011
To try to make myself feel even better, I also decided to buy some mushrooms and make bruschetta for lunch. That did help for a while. Now if only this damn flu would go away and bug someone else.
Source: Jamie at Home by Jamie Oliver
Source: Jamie Magazine Issue 15 January 2011
To try to make myself feel even better, I also decided to buy some mushrooms and make bruschetta for lunch. That did help for a while. Now if only this damn flu would go away and bug someone else.
Source: Jamie at Home by Jamie Oliver
No comments:
Post a Comment