Today is day 5 of the flu and I am still sick at home. I've lost the will to live. I put in my contacts but that's just so that I can continue watching bad TV. Other than that, I've lost the motivation to take care of myself. My throat still hurts and no matter how much medicine I stuff down there, the phlegm is not going anywhere but staying put. My head has been killing me for days. I loved having my ex-colleagues over for some much-needed company yesterday, but it seems as if now I have a cold added to the overall misery. Jochem has a new job, which is good for him, but bad for me, because I am bored to death and the new romantic comedies that he got for me are really bad, unfortunately. I may be done with the genre after all. The highlight of my day was the wonderful garlic soup that we made at night. It was so easy that I didn't even need to buy groceries for it at all, since it was just some old bread, some garlic, a couple of herbs and spices, and an egg. Bliss in a bowl!
Source: Jamie Magazine Issue 15 January 2011To top it off, Jochem made merengue with some leftover egg whites. We added some chili, some lemon zest, some melted dark chocolate and a few roasted hazelnuts. We then proceeded to eat almost the entire thing! Sugar crash of course, but totally worth it.
Source: Jamie at Home by Jamie Oliver
No comments:
Post a Comment