14 January 2011

"What I Cooked Today" Day 263

Now, I like to cook for myself as much as the next culinary snob, but today I just wasn't up for it. Jochem is in Amersfoort to have dinner with a friend and I am home alone. I had to work till 6.30 PM so I decided to just pimp an oven pizza and watch movies on my laptop at my kitchen table.

Have I mentioned before how much I absolutely adore my kitchen table? It's not even one of those beautiful hardwood massive kitchen tables that seats six, but a modest kitchen table purchased at Ikea, but I love it. I love it so much, in fact, that I wake up extra early every morning to have some yogurt, drink some coffee, and read some chapters at said kitchen table before going to work. And of course you know by now that my most favorite of moments is the one where I sit behind our kitchen table while Jochem makes me eggs during the weekend.

After eight years of school I now associate my desk in the study with one thing and one thing alone: work. Essays. Research papers. Theses. Portfolios. NOT GOOD in other words. Don't get me wrong - I loved college and I miss it already. Lone gone are the days where I could read a novel, write whatever I wanted, and end up with an A in return. But especially grad school was hard and I for one am very happy to be done with work after work. So now I use my laptop as an actual laptop and write e-mails on the couch in the study, or browse my friends' blogs in bed, or watch movies at my kitchen table.

What a blissful way to start the weekend this Friday night. Have a good weekend yourself.

No comments: