Today I indulged in a food and booze fest so extravagant that I am a little bit embarassed to write about it here. It was a great night though. Jochem and I went downtown to buy groceries, called Bic (who promptly came over), cooked dinner, watched Inception and Eat, Pray, Love and passed out on the couch (this last part only applies to me since both Jochem and Bic made it to their beds). For dinner we had this amazing spicy pasta dish with homemade pasta, some garlic, some fennel, some red onion, some lemon zest, some white wine and a couple of red mullet filets. It was inspired by an episode from the second season of Oliver's Twist by Jamie Oliver.
For dessert we had the most amazing chocolate and peanut butter cheesecake. It had a bottom of salted peanuts and dark chocolate, a filling of creamy peanut butter, and a top layer of milk. It is so rich that I dare say not many would enjoy it, but of course we consider ourselves quite the food die-hards. Nigella Lawson says that it's not for the faint-hearted, and she is so true. It was awesome.
Source: Nigella Kitchen: Kitchen Recipes from the Heart of the Home by Nigella Lawson
No comments:
Post a Comment