
Today Derek, Kiran and I traveled to Brussels to visit Anna. It took us about 6 months to find a weekend where all 4 of us could be present, so I was pretty excited. However, I did not prepare to cook anything. Sometimes I choose to stay away from other people's kitchens to stop them from thinking I am a know-it-all in their own house, but Anna had other plans. Since I didn't bring or had even thought about potential recipes, I decided to make green chili again (I also wanted to make bruschetta but quite inexplicably forgot to get the central ingredient: mushrooms! Luckily the green chili stuffed us all...). Afterwards my friends make me watch 2 scary movies (per my own request, I must admit, but really: what was I thinking?!): Drag Me to Hell (= GROSS) and this little French flick called Inside (= SICK, DISTURBING and, most of all, UNNECESSARY). I had great fun though seeing these old friends again, catching up, eating good food, drinking Belgian beer and French wine and watching movies together till the wee hours of the morning. Shall we do it again in another 6 months?

Source: Jamie's America by Jamie Oliver
No comments:
Post a Comment