19 February 2011

"What I Cooked Today" Day 298

Today my friends and I did something so random that I can't stop smiling at the mere genius of it (it was my idea, by the way!): we hopped on a train to Amsterdam for one reason and one reason only: to eat a hamburger! A few months ago Jochem and I stayed in a hotel in Amsterdam and stumbled upon the Burger Bar. This tiny cafetaria-style restaurant serves some of the best hamburgers in the country and I was looking for an excuse to have one again. And so we went. And we had our hamburgers. Mine was a 200-gram Irish beef hamburger on a white sesame bun with bacon, cheddar cheese, grilled onions and a fried egg. Of course I also ordered some Flemish fries with mayonaise. And afterwards we went to the Rembrandtplein to café De Kroon, which, according to my very hip colleague from Amsterdam, is a very hip café, where I decidedly felt very unhip in. But it was fun!



No comments: