22 February 2011

"What I Cooked Today" Day 300

Something great happened today. Something impromptu, yet again! Mag and her husband were in Utrecht to visit a friend to finish a carton of red wine (these friends of mine are such impressive red wine drinkers that they have graduated from bottles to cartons worth the equivalent of four bottles). Being spontaneous sometimes means that said friend is not at home, but someplace else. And so they called me to ask whether they could drop by. Then the four of us walked the five minutes to Bic's apartment to convince her to come as well. Though she was in the shower when we rang the bell, she did manage to make it back to our apartment, hair blow-dried and everything.

Luckily, Jochem and I had purchased a ton of food for day 300 of this silly blog. And so we had asparagus two ways: one plate with a French vinaigrette and another with extra virgen olive oil, sea salt, black pepper and Parmesan cheese.



Source: Jamie at Home by Jamie Oliver

Then we had a vegetarian tomato curry with coconut rice, of which Roland ate three portions, and which I hope wasn't due to the lack of meat.



Source: Nigella Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home by Nigella Lawson

For dessert we had the piƱa colada ice cream that we made yesterday with roasted coconut. I thought that it was a little bit too icy, but still good.



Source: Nigella Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home by Nigella Lawson



Happy 300!!!

No comments: