Today Jochem and I literally spent hours slaving away in my mother's kitchen trying to prepare the ultimate homecooked meal - Nigella Lawson style. We ended up with a cheesy potato mash, an assortment of wild mushrooms cooked in butter (of course) and white wine, and a roast beef. I thought the beef was just a tad too dry because we couldn't find a piece of beef with the bone still on it (really, what the - ?!), but other than that it was great. Homemade at its best. Plus: I finally purchased a bottle of truffle oil and finally get what all the fuss is about.
Source: Nigella Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home by Nigella Lawson
2 comments:
Ew, truffle oil is really disgusting. Seriously, read 'Liegen mag niet, behalve in de supermarkt'. I saw that episode of the Keuringsdienst van Waarde they talk about, it literally is damn near unbelievable that they're allowed to sell that stuff as is.
Dude, that is seriously disturbing (though not as disturbing as your movie)! I think that my bottle is from Italy, though, so I want to believe...
Post a Comment