Today Mag suddenly showed up to pick me up from work. She came in looking the way she does, screaming at the top of her lungs, creating imbalance everywhere. It was quite the spontaneous meet-up. My colleague let me leave ten minutes early and so we biked to my green grocer's where I bought these beautiful shiitake mushrooms. I used them and a handful of leftover ingredients to make a simple spagetti with white truffel oil accompanied by sautéed mushroom. I made two critical mistakes, however:
(1) I took such a long time to assemble the dish and take a picture (Jochem usually does this part), that the dish was a bit cold when it was ready to be served. So I put it in the microwave, which one really shouldn't do when the sauce is a kind of carbonara sauce, because then said sauce turns into scrambled eggs.
(2) I forgot to put salt and pepper on top off the beautiful mushrooms. Seriously.
Luckily, I have nice friends who eat the entire plate in five minutes and lie about how good it was.
After having watched Mamma Mia!, we went downtown to meet Bic and watch some boys. I didn't get to bed until 1 AM. On a Monday night. While having to work at 9 AM the next day. I love it!
Source: Nigella Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home by Nigella Lawson
1 comment:
I just love sponteneity! And your food! X Mag
Post a Comment