05 December 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 223

Today Jochem and I only spent a small amount of time at home since we had decided to spend the night at Nierswalde, have breakfast with Jochem's family and shamefully abuse their beautiful bath tub before traveling back to Utrecht. Luckily, I had chosen a simple meal to make today. We had some leftover chicken (an oddity in this house) and I decided to use one of Nigella's chicken recipes to prepare it. I liked the look of the recipe because it featured both white wine and creme fraice (always a good combination). It also featured a lot of tarragon, which until today I didn't even have at home if you can believe it, so I was quite excited to use that for once (now I love it!). On Nigella's picture it also showed some string beans, but since I had peas in my fridge, I decided to use those instead. I also prepared some simple potatoes in the oven with sea salt, black pepper and rosemary (Source: Happy Days with the Naked Chef by Jamie Oliver). For dessert, even though we're not celebrating it in any special way this year, we made our own pepernoten for Sinterklaas, which we then proceeded to dip in leftover chocolate icing, which is why I am writing this with quite the stomach ache. Still, all in all, a very succesful Sunday night dinner, I'd say.

Source: Nigella Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home by Nigella Lawson



No comments: