Today did not exactly turn out the way that I had planned. Originally, I was going to make spicy chicken wings, pea purée and homemade fries for some very good old friends before heading off for an alumni pub quiz at our old campus. However, our plans kind of fell through and I ended up having tofu tandoori with Jochem. It's funny - although I don't make it as often as I used to a couple of years ago, I can still enjoy a big bowl of tofu tandoori. I don't know why. Ever since I started becoming interested in food and cooking, a lot of things that I used to enjoy before (pre-packaged bapaos, take-out pizzas, McDonald's hamburgers, coffee house pastries) I am now unable to eat with real satisfaction. Tofu tandoori, however, which does not in any way resemble the real thing and comes from a package, I still like very much. Perhaps because it holds some good memories of a life long since left behind? After dinner Jochem and I used some leftover ingredients to make another batch of baked egg custard, but that went awfully awry and we had to throw the mixture away. Jochem then made a wonderful improvisation when he coated some stroopwafels in hot dark chocolate. It wasn't such a bad Saturday night after all, I guess.
11 December 2010
"What I Cooked Today" Day 229
Today did not exactly turn out the way that I had planned. Originally, I was going to make spicy chicken wings, pea purée and homemade fries for some very good old friends before heading off for an alumni pub quiz at our old campus. However, our plans kind of fell through and I ended up having tofu tandoori with Jochem. It's funny - although I don't make it as often as I used to a couple of years ago, I can still enjoy a big bowl of tofu tandoori. I don't know why. Ever since I started becoming interested in food and cooking, a lot of things that I used to enjoy before (pre-packaged bapaos, take-out pizzas, McDonald's hamburgers, coffee house pastries) I am now unable to eat with real satisfaction. Tofu tandoori, however, which does not in any way resemble the real thing and comes from a package, I still like very much. Perhaps because it holds some good memories of a life long since left behind? After dinner Jochem and I used some leftover ingredients to make another batch of baked egg custard, but that went awfully awry and we had to throw the mixture away. Jochem then made a wonderful improvisation when he coated some stroopwafels in hot dark chocolate. It wasn't such a bad Saturday night after all, I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment