08 December 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 226


Today Jochem did most of the cooking while I was at work. We decided to make something special because my parents happened to be in town and were able to stop by for dinner. Unfortunately, I had to work till 6.30 PM, so when I finally got home my parents were already there and dinner was ready to be served. My parents like Thai food and, since we had some leftover chicken (which mom and dad had given to us earlier by the way), we decided to make a Thai chicken noodle soup with red bell pepper and onion. Jochem told me afterwards that it was incredibly easy to make, but what a great dish for such a cold night - the chicken broth base gave it depth and warmth while the chilies added some nice heat. My mom, someone who loves to eat spicy Indonesion food as well, told me that I can finally eat decent spicy food, which was quite a compliment coming from her. After they left, Jochem and I set up our Christmas tree (exactly three days after Sinterklaas) and then had some tea and homemade cookies while watching How I Met Your Mother. Great night.

Source: Nigella Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home by Nigella Lawson

No comments: