09 December 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 227


Today Jochem and I did cook, but not for today, but for tomorrow. Tomorrow 10 of my ex-colleagues are coming over for an early Christmas dinner to catch up on post-KWC life. I am making a salad, a dessert, and a one-pot dish, which was made in this beautiful new pan from France that I was given by my parents yesterday. My mom never uses it because she doesn't know how to work it, so I simply had to make a case for beautiful and expensive kitchen equipment going to waste, and I finally convinced her to let us use it instead. What's inside, however, will remain a surprise until tomorrow. After having a bit of leftover soup (Jochem had the tomato, I had the Thai chicken), we ordered take-out for today in the form of hamburgers and fries while watching Love Actually.

Source: Nigella Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home by Nigella Lawson

No comments: