On days like today I am thankful for only working 4 days a week. Today was my day off and I used it to do something that is usually a very stressful task: packing. When you are as obsessively compulsive as I am, you don't just throw some stuff into a suitcase and call it a day. Instead, each and every item you belong is critically analyzed: "Do I need this in India or not? What possible scenario could argue in favor of bringing this with me?" and so on and so forth. Let me tell you, it is an exhaustive way to spend one's time. Which is why I took the time to balance the packing with a healthy dose of sleeping in, watching Dawson's Creek and painting my toe nails a pinkish red (which, I might add, is not an easy feat when your two cats confuse your nail polish for a tasty treat and you are sitting on a white leather sofa). On top of all of that as well as my other daily duties, Jochem and I also did a lot of cooking. First, we made banana bread with chocolate and crystallized ginger, inspired by my new best friend.
Source: A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from my Kitchen Table by Molly Wizenberg

We made this as a snack to bring with us on our horrid flight to India, but I doubt it'll last as long. For dinner, then, we made homemade fries with a pea purée and spicy chicken wings to celebrate Jochem's last official day as a student. Lucky us. I am full and content.
Source: Nigella Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home by Nigella Lawson
No comments:
Post a Comment