12 December 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 230

Today was a wonderful day. It was one of those rare Sundays that you don't plan for and that suddenly end up wonderfully. I woke up at 9 AM but stayed in bed till 10.30 AM to finish the book that Anna had given me for my birthday: A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg. It is a great book - a life story interspersed with recipes and life lessons in short and manageable chapters. Starting the day in a warm bed, with the sunshine coming in, with a beatiful man sleeping besides you, one cat between your neck and shoulder and another at your feet, while reading about a chocolate wedding cake, is about as close to bliss as my Sunday mornings get. After a quick shower and some breakfast with Jochem, I headed downtown to the Bakkerswinkel with my old friends Marije and Marjolein, where I had a pot of autumn blend black tea and a piece of carrot cake. We stayed there for quite a while, discussing men, marriage, children, housing, jobs, holidays, and much more. Afterwards we had a short walk downtown before heading inside the Winkel van Sinkel for a glass of white wine. When they left to catch a train back home, I had a quick hamburger before doing my last load of laundry of the week. When that's done, I am going to Bic's place where Mag and Mar will already be to have some dinner and drinks. I'll just bring a bottle of rosé, so I won't be cooking anything today. But sometimes those days are such a blessing.

No comments: