16 June 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 51

Today I cooked a lovely dinner for Bic, Mag and myself (Jochem had dinner with Eyal in the Hague to celebrate the finalization of their final project, which is like a bachelor's thesis for Hotel Management). I made a quiche with mushrooms, onion, garlic, spinach, cream, tomatoes and grated cheese. This recipe was inspired by one of my lovely colleagues who convinced me to make a quiche, which I had actually never done before. Her and me have been working together for almost two years now; first during our masters and now during our educational internship. She's a great colleague to have and she manages to make my mundane days a little more colorful, what with her fancy clothes, food embellishments, dance marathons and Lush anecdotes. She's kind of like me in the "I'm a twentysomething and don't know what to do with my life" kind of way, even though we are radically different in most other ways. Still, it'll be weird not to work together next year. Anyway, she introduced me to this great dish but in the heat of the moment, while I was transporting the quiche to Bic's place, I forgot to bring our camera so I don't have a picture! You'll have to wait until the next time I make it, I'm afraid...

No comments: