18 June 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 53

Today I cooked for Jochem and 10 colleagues. I met my colleagues in August when we all started our internship at the same high school. Over the months we've grown quite close and what better way to celebrate this friendship than with food? I had cooked for my colleagues once before in December and that time I made a really big deal out of it with a long table and 8 courses. Tonight I kept things a little bit more informal by cooking lots and lots of Mexican food. It cost me half a day's work, one cut in my left ring finger and a couple of hurt eyes (chilis, argh!), but I believe it was a success. After we returned from our laser quest (which is FANTASTIC fun by the way!) I presented them with three courses, all of them coming from the book which they had given me the last time I had cooked for them.

For starters I cooked gorditas (Spanish for: little fat girls) with salsa. The salsa consisted of feta cheese, red apple, tomato, spring onion, pumpkin seed, sunflower seed and coriander sprinkled with lime juice.

Source: Jamie's America by Jamie Oliver



As a main dish I had bought a bunch of tortillas and prepared three different fillings, one with meat, one with fish and one vegetarian option, namely minced pork and green chili, grilled mackerel and courgette salad and homemade tomato sauce. Of course all of it was offered with lots of creme fraiche, homemade guacamole, grated cheese and fresh herbs.

Source: Jamie's America by Jamie Oliver



For dessert Jochem and I had made a mole chocolate cake the day before. It took hours to prepare, but it was worth it since it was one of the best chocolate desserts I have ever made. We served it with whipped cream and mole spices.

Source: Jamie's America by Jamie Oliver



KWC!!!

No comments: