26 June 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 61

Tonight Jochem and I had another traditional dinner date with our four friends. This time we were invited at Erik and Marjolein's place in Amersfoort. I was really glad to have been able to arrange this date, since Michiel and Marije will be in Malaysia during July and I'll be in France for most of August, which basically means not seeing each other for two months. This time, instead of just showing you what Jochem and I cooked, I will show all of our cooking, which is really quite impressive.

Jochem and I cooked Peruvian ceviche, which is raw tuna steak marinated in lemon juice, salt and chili. We added lots of red bell pepper, spring onion, mint, coriander, water cress, black pepper and olive oil. I had no idea what to expect from this dish, but it turned out to be the perfect fresh starter for today's weather.

Source: Jamie's America by Jamie Oliver



Erik and Marjolein were inspired by their Italian cooking courses to prepare this wonderful main dish. They made these stuffed tomatoes as a side dish.



And pasta with fresh fish, spinach, homemade pesto and homemade tomato sauce.



Michiel and Marije made the perfect fresh dessert to round off the meal: semifreddo with strawberries.



Cheers to another successful dinner date!

1 comment:

AnnaDenise said...

Wow! That looks fantastic! What a wonderful dinner!