09 October 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 166

Today Jochem and I made pizza again. We had some left-over pizza dough and wanted to keep it simple on this Friday night (by the way, may I just say that I think that it's pretty friggin' awesome that we now consider making our own pizzas from scratch simple?!) Although the idea was to make vegetarian pizzas, I could no longer resist the urge to make this particular one with pork (pork is fantastic by the way! It seems like the Dutch either totally abuse this beautiful meat or don't like it very much and thus not eat it at all, but you've heard it here: it's fabulous!). So, I bought one pork chop at the organic butcher's shop and we braised the pork (something I've picked up from Top Chef) and then put it on a simple pizza with homemade tomato sauce, mozzarella, basil, chili, olive oil and lemon juice. It was absolutely delicious and I've bombarded this as my favorite pizza ever (now that I think of it, some red onion would be perfect for this dish, I must remember that next time!).



Our second pizza was very simple: just some tomato sauce, a tomato, mozzarella, homemade green pesto, chili, olive oil and that was it. The texture was, granted, a little bit on the wet side, but all the flavors were good. What a great Friday night meal!



Source: Jamie's Italy by Jamie Oliver

No comments: