Today Jochem and I traveled to Amersfoort for Mag's 28th birthday party and, of course, we offered our services for dinner. I actually had a pretty hard time coming up with a good recipe for this evening when Mag told me to just think of something myself since she couldn't figure out what she wanted. Naturally, I wanted to make something really good for her, so I quickly thought of Italian food since Mag really loves the simplicity and the great flavors that you often find in Italian cooking. However, I did want to make something new, because I wanted it to be a challenge for us and a surprise for her. But, would I choose a really difficult recipe, it might not work out because we would be making it for the first time. Also, I wanted to use vegetables that are in season to give her that autumn feel, and either use pasta or risotto because there would be a party later so our stomaches had to be set for all the alcohol that would surely come later. Mag's mom would also be joining us for dinner and I wasn't sure just how crazy her food palet was. And, last but not least, I wanted to make something simple and fast, preferably from the oven, so we would have enough time to mingle and not make a huge mess in Mag's beautiful red kitchen. In the end, we decided on spaghetti tetrazzini: spaghetti from the oven with chicken, mushrooms, cream, white wine and Parmesan cheese. Happy birthday Mag!
Source: Jamie's Italy by Jamie Oliver
1 comment:
Thank you so much for cooking dinner yesterday! We loved it!
X Mag
Post a Comment