12 October 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 170


It's my birthday! I turned 27 today. Jochem made me breakfast and gave me a beautiful cookbook by Nigella Lawson. I received a bunch of text messages, e-mails and postcards. My colleagues loved my cakes and gave me a travel book, which was a real surprise. And when I came home after work Jochem had made me gumbo. I still don't know what the hell gumbo is besides the fact that it's food from the southern USA and that it features the holy trinity of onion, green bell pepper and celery. Jochem made a kind of surf & turf gumbo with sausage and shrimp and served it with rice. I want to say that it was kind of like a stew...? And for dessert we had left-over birthday cake. Happy birthday to me!

Source: Jamie's America by Jamie Oliver

No comments: