11 October 2010

"What I Cooked Today" Day 169


Today Jochem and I had mac 'n' cheese again, so we didn't cook dinner. We did, however, make something (although, I must admit, having been at work all day and Jochem having the day off, he did the bulk of the work): birthday cakes! Tomorrow's my 27th birthday and to honor Dutch tradition I'm bringing homemade cakes to work. One's a mole chocolate cake with caramel and hazelnuts and the other's a cheesecake with lime and coconut. I'm actually kind of nervous for tomorrow because I was kind of cocky at work today about making homemade cakes, while the actual making of the cakes is quite the science (and making mole chocolate cake is more of a leap of faith than anything else since the damn. thing. won't. set). Let's just hope that my colleagues will like the end result tomorrow!

Source: Jamie's America by Jamie Oliver

No comments: